GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SEE HERE FOR COVID-19 POLICY AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Terms and Conditions of entry and ticket purchase for Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters. Please read carefully before completing your purchase.
PLEASE NOTE: All prices shown are in Australian Dollars (AUD). Any credit card data gathered during online purchases is used purely for the purposes of the transaction and will not be stored permanently.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters (ABN: 11 600 066 439), places great importance on the safety of its visitors and endeavours to ensure that the high standards set by the company, are complied with by all those in the Attraction. We are only prepared to allow entry to the Attraction to those visitors who are willing to comply with the Attraction Regulations set out below.
We are sure that you will wish to assist us in ensuring the Attraction and facilities therein remain a safe place in which to enjoy a fun-filled experience. To assist in ensuring your safety, CCTV is in operation within the Attraction.
- All persons entering Irukandji Shark and Ray Encounters are admitted subject to the following Attraction Regulations. Any person who does not comply with these Regulations may be removed from the Attraction by either Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters Security Personnel/Staff or Police Officers. This without prejudice to any claim that the Attraction may have against such a person or persons arising out of their actions. Whilst inside the Attraction, all visitors must comply with any instructions given to them by Security, Attraction Personnel or Police Officers.
- Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse admission to the Attraction, ban from entry to the Attraction or remove from the Attraction any person who:-
2.1 Has been convicted of a criminal offence, which, in the opinion of Irukandji Shark and Ray Encounters, is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors;
2.2 Has behaved in the Attraction in a manner, which, in the opinion of Irukandji Shark and Ray Encounters , has, or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors
2.3 Uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner, which may provoke a breach of the peace.
2.4 Does not follow the written or verbal safety instructions or behaves in a manner which may endanger the safety of the individual or other visitors in the Attraction.
3. All persons entering the Attraction must pay for admission or hold a valid admission ticket that must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by Staff. Any person attempting to gain admission to the Attraction or being found inside the Attraction without a valid admission ticket may be ejected from the Attraction.
4. No child or children aged 16 or under will be admitted to the Attraction unless they are accompanied by an adult who shall be 17 and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
5. No dogs except guide dogs or other pets of any kind shall be allowed in the Attraction.
6. To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into the Attraction, visitors are admitted to the Attraction subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves to be searched. It is prohibited to bring into the Attraction any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, balloons or other articles, which may cause injury. The throwing of any article, which could cause injury or annoyance is strictly prohibited.
7. The consumption of intoxicating liquors is not permitted anywhere in the Attraction. Accordingly, intoxicating liquor must not be taken into the Attraction and any persons found possessing alcohol, or who appear to be under the influence of alcohol will be refused admission or escorted from the Attraction.
8. Irukandji Shark and Ray Encounters will endeavour to ensure that as many exhibits as possible are on display. We may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, change the operating hours of the Attraction, close the Attraction or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to the Attraction, and/or close any part of the Attraction or interactive
programme for operational reasons.
9. Unnecessary noise (such as that from the use of radio sets and other electrical equipment), or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance disturbance to other visitors and/or animals or confusion of any kind is not permitted in any part of the Attraction.
10. The climbing of or standing upon railings, barriers or structures is strictly prohibited.
11. Only Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters staff or appointed contractors are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to visitors within the Attraction, including but not limited to tickets, gift shop items and food and beverages.
12. Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage however arising (including that which might arise as a result of any breach of contract) including any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused to guests whilst in the Attraction.
13. From time to time Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the Attraction, which may feature visitors. By accepting these Regulations, you agree that Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree
that copyright in these materials rests with Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters or such authorised party (as the case may be).
14. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere inside Irukandji Shark and Ray Encounters building, it is permitted outside in a designated smoking area
15. The wearing of clothing, which in the opinion of Irukandji Shark and Ray Encounters, is offensive to other visitors is not permitted.
These Regulations are for the benefit of all our visitors and will be strictly enforced.
TICKET PURCHASE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All tickets purchased online require the visitor to produce the printed or electronic ticket on arrival at the attraction. The ticket/s will be emailed to the email address nominated by the visitor at time of purchase upon successful completion of the transaction. Foreign exchange fees may be applied to some transactions at the discretion of the guest’s bank or card issuer. Domestic guests with queries regarding foreign exchange fees can contact the attraction using the contact details provided on the website.
Guests are admitted to the Attraction subject to the Attraction regulations which are displayed at the main entrance, a copy of which is available on request.
Refund Policy: Admission tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and void if altered. They are not valid for special events that require a separate admission charge. All persons entering the Attraction must have a valid entrance ticket which must be retained during your visit. If you have special circumstances and give well in advance notice exceptions may be made by contacting Irukandji
The visitor attraction known as Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters and situated on Jessie Road, Anna Bay, NSW, Australia. It is not to be confused with The Australian Shark & Ray Centre which used to operate in Bobs Farm and is now in QLD. Irukandji is privately owned, it is a small family business that operates without assistance from the government. All ticket holders to the Attraction are subject to the following Terms and Conditions and by acquiring one or more tickets to The Attraction (“Ticket” or “Tickets”) you confirm to accept these terms and conditions of use. Ticket holders are referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “Visitors”.
- One Ticket purchased entitles one person entry to the Attraction on a single occasion. Once Visitors have left the Attraction, they will need to purchase an additional Ticket to re-enter the Attraction the following (Day or days)
- Tickets for the swimming experience (Shark Encounter) entitles one person entry into the water. Once Visitors have left the Attraction, they will need to purchase an additional Ticket to re-enter the Attraction the following (Day or days)
- Group Tickets for parties of 10 or more may be available at discounted rates (“Group Tickets”). Please see the Groups section of the Attraction website for details
- Where Ticket prices vary according to age, the following provisions apply:
4.1 A person of 17 years or older is classed as an adult;
4.2 A person aged 3 to 16 years is classed as a child; and
4.3 For children aged 2 years and under, no admission fee will be charged
5. Concession Tickets apply to the following groups:
5.1 Students, upon production of a valid Student Concession Card
5.2 NSW Seniors upon presentation of ID to verify their age as over 65
5.3 Companion Card holders, upon presentation of a valid Companion Card
6. Disabled rates are available to eligible parties, Note: One Companion Card Holder can enter free of charge with each person with a disability
7. The price of tickets may vary from time to time and the prices advertised are not guaranteed
8. Once acquired, whether by purchase or on a complimentary basis, Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and void if altered and tickets that Irukandji reasonably suspects have been transferred or altered will not be honoured. If lost, Tickets will not be replaced.
9. Tickets will include entry to most, but not all, areas of the Attraction. Subject to availability and at Irukandji Shark and Ray Encounters discretion, Visitors may be able to purchase additional tickets to obtain access to all areas of the Attraction
10. From time to time, Irukandji Shark may issue tickets under special promotions (“Promotional Tickets”) but Promotional Tickets will be available subject to availability and subject to any terms and conditions affecting the particular promotion
- Pre-booked Tickets purchased via the website (including catering and deposit for the Party Balcony) should be produced by the Visitor in paper or electronic form on arrival for inspection and will be checked for validity.
- Pre booked Tickets may not be used in conjunction with any voucher, promotion or special offer
For full details of how to contact us by phone or email, please visit our contact page.